We aim to provide the perfect station experience!When you come to Shandonvale, our family property, you become part of our family. So it's important to us that you feel at home, not like you're staying in a hotel.
- One Day and One Night (arrival any time after 3:30pm, late checkout 11am)
- Each room with a Queen-sized bed, aircon/heating
- Full use of the Quarters kitchen, dining and living rooms
-The Sunset Boat-shed Experience - enjoy canapes, cheese, wine and watch the sun set over Amarac creek.
- One station produce breakfast basket on arrival, changes with the season, typically includes fresh organic milk and butter from the house cow Milly, nitrate free old style home smoked bacon, grass-fed dorper lamb or bore goat chops or camel sausages or pork cutlets, seasonal herbs from the garden, perky eggs from the station laying hens, a loaf of home baked bread and home made jams and relish
- Full use of a Polaris ATV buggy to go sightseeing around our 15,000 acre property
- One home cooked meal at the Homestead
- Full use of one of our canoes, boat shed and pontoon to enjoy the river, including fishing
- One fully guided station tour (approx 1.5 hours)
$180 pp. Children under 10 free.
- Two Days and Two Nights (arrival any time after 3:30pm, late checkout 11am)
- Includes same features as Stopover package, plus:
- Dinner at the Homestead each evening
- Treetop Artesian Spa - enjoy the mineral rich waters of the Great Artesian Basin in our rustic spa set 6.5 metres above the ground in the treetops of iconic coolabahs of Aramac creek. Kick back with champagne and enjoy the natural, incomparable beauty.
- Fully guided shoot at our station’s rifle range (one hour). Doesn’t matter if you’re an amateur or experienced shooter, learn the in's and out's of using a rifle from a .22 to a .458. Or git your eye in shooting clays with a shotgun.
- Fully guided archery experience (one hour). Release your inner Robin Hood on our target range with a traditional long bow or compound bows.
$160 pp, per night. Children under 10 free.
Group Bookings of 5 - 8 people, repeat stays or longer bookings, please email or phone for prices.
If you're looking for a richer experience, we have a range of optional activities you can choose for your stay.
Our optional extras include:
The Full Paddock To Plate Journey- Hands-on experience where you humanely harvest your own animal, field dress, hang in the cold room, and we will walk you through the full butchering process in preparation for the table - $250 flat rate, half day experience, single person or group
Ride Shotgun- A photographic chopper mustering experience, low level flying over kangaroos, camels and sheep. See what it’s like to be a spotter for a seasonal mustering pilot - $899 for a minimum of one-hour booking
A full refund will be offered if weather or Acts of God prevent you from having a booked experience - at the discretion of your host Deon, who knows from the conditions and the lay of the land that it’s not hazardous. We care about your safety!